Applicant must be in grades 8-12 in Elk Rapids Schools.
Application Deadlines: October 15, January 15, and April 15.
Student Arts Scholarship
The Student Arts Scholarship will be provided up to $500 each for Elk Rapids students in grades 8-12 to take advanced instruction in a visual or performing art and/or literature. Examples of places where a student might study a visual or performing art:
- Local Artist (e.g. private or semi-private lessons, or a class)
- Guest student at Northwestern Michigan College
- Blue Lakes Fine Arts Camp
- Interlochen Center for the Arts/Arts Camp
- College of Creative Studies/Student Portfolio Workshop
Payment of the scholarship will be made directly to the art center, to the camp or to the college. There will be three rounds of funding per year.
Deadline to submit portfolio is October 15 for round 1, January 15 for round 2, and April 15 for round 3.
The completed portfolio must be turned in to Ms. Anderson, High School Counselor, or to an Art Rapids Education Committee member.
An application portfolio should contain:
- Completed application along with a recent student picture
- Student essay reflecting how visual or performing art and/or literature experiences have influenced you
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher in your field of study
- Copy of completed college, camp or workshop application, if applicable
- Three to five photographs of your work or a DVD of your performances (Please check to make sure all CDs and DVDs are in working order)
Contact Art Rapids! Education Committee Chair, Nancy McRay, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Underclass Arts Scholarships Elk Rapids Schools Applicant must be in grades 8-12.
Please type or use black or blue ink.